Two children were said to have died on Friday when fire razed a building along Jigbale Street off Alegbo road, Effurun, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta state.
It was learnt that the children were trapped in the fire and were roasted on Thursday.
It was said that five other victims sustained injuries in the incident. The incident was said to have happened at about 10pm leaving a teenager and others with serious injuries.
A source who spoke on ground of anonymity said the deceased were of the same parents and had slept at the time of the incident
The source said: “The two children died before help could come. Another occupant of the building who was said to have survived it lost all his property to the fire caused by candle light.
“The fire started from the apartment of the deceased children’s family before spreading to other parts of the building and the woman whom they said caused the fire lost two of her children.
“They lost all they had as there was nothing left to keep, all their property, both their school documents were burnt to ashes.
One of the victims, Henry James, said he lost all he had to the fire.
It was learnt that the corpses of the deceased were deposited at a mortuary in the area, while injured victims were receiving medical attention in various hospitals within the Effurun metropolis. Nation